Your right to privacy is important to us and OPENTEL is committed to protecting your privacy and have taken the appropriate steps to ensure you are protected when you use the Platform and our Services. We have implemented business practices that comply with the applicable laws which includes the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) (collectively “Applicable Law”).
All Websites and mobile apps through which you can access the Services will be referred to as the "Platform" in this Policy.
We may change the content of this Policy to be in line with any changes that the law or our business operations require, without prior notice. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy. The current version of this Policy that applies each time you visit and/or use our Platform and/or Services will regulate our relationship. It is your responsibility to consider the Policy each time you visit the Platform. If you do not agree with any terms of this Policy, we urge you to stop using the Platform and/or Services.
We have set the following information and rules which defines what information we keep.
"Personal information" is information that we can use to identify an individual. For example, this can be in the form of data that allows you to be identified as a particular person. Such data can be your name, phone number, or your address. However, this does not include personal information that is encoded or publicly available information that has not been combined with any non-public information.
List of Personal Information we collect:
On Registration/ sign up on the platform as a client:
Once you register on the platform your email address will be stored in our databases. We also require further information to complete your registration on our platform:
- Your full name and surname
- Your contact number/s
- Your physical address
- Your bank details for debit orders
2) COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you which you provide to us, such as when you sign up to use the Platform, contact us or through the course of our relationship with you.
- Use of our Platform or use of any features or resources available on or through our Platform.
- Any public sources where you have made your Personal Information public, including on social media as well as third parties when you interact with them through the Platform or as required of the third parties to share it with us.
3) PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only process Personal Information for the following purposes and legal bases:
- To provide you with the appropriate services when using the platform as well as to manage your relationship with OPENTEL.
- For financial management and for business-development purposes
- OPENTEL may contact you by email, SMS, push notifications or other means to inform you about our Services, unless you have opted-out of such communications (direct marketing)
- To identify, develop or improve the Platform and Services
- For market research and surveys, business and statistical analysis and necessary audits as well as preventing fraud.
- To be able to continuously test our processes and systems and ensuring that our security measures are appropriate and adequate.
- We may use your Personal Information for other purposes if the law allows for it, if you consent to it, or if it is in the public interest to do so. All purposes for the processing of your Personal Information will be legal in terms of Applicable Law.
- Direct Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to contact you to provide you with more information regarding our Services which may interest you by using your contact details that you provided to us. We will only send direct marketing information where you have consented to us or in compliance with Applicable Laws.
- We may connect to various social media websites or apps, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Instagram. If you want to use our Platform for social media integration, we will share your Personal Information with the relevant social media websites or apps.
- This information may include, amongst others, your location, IP address, cookie information and Google Analytics information. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns.
- You are free to disable cookies within your browser, but this may limit the functionality of the website.
- Our servers store log files which allow us to view IP addresses. This also supplies us with information to see the date and time which the website was viewed as well as other information such as which internet browser and operating system was used.
- This data may be passed onto legal authorities if we receive abuse from a particular user.
5) PROTECTION OF PERSOAL INFORMATION
- Right of access – the right to be informed of and request access to the Personal Information that we process about you.
- Right to rectification – you may request that your Personal Information be amended or updated where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to applicable limitations and exceptions.
- Right to restrict processing – you may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Personal Information.
- Right to object – you may object to us processing your Personal Information and to your Personal Information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to information portability – you may request a copy of your Personal Information and request that information to be transmitted for use by another person; and
- Where you have provided consent for us to process your Personal Information, you may also withdraw your consent where our processing is based on your consent. However, we may continue to process your Personal Information if another legal justification exists for the processing.
6) EXTERNAL SITES
OPENTEL may link to some external websites that are not part of OPENTEL. These are third-party websites and OPENTEL is not responsible for the content of these external internet sites. The websites could contain unsuitable content that are out of our control and have different privacy policies that differ to ours. Your use of and reliance on these links is at your own risk.
8) YOUR RIGHTS
- If you object to us using your Personal Information, you may, on reasonable grounds, contact us and we will stop using your Personal Information, except if Applicable Law allows its use.
- You may ask OPENTEL to correct or remove any Personal Information that you think is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request the Personal Information that we hold about you. This request is subject to an access to information request in terms of the Applicable Laws and you may be required to verify your identity and pay a fee. The Personal Information provided may be limited in terms of the Applicable Law.
- To exercise your rights or to discuss it with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9) RETAINING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain Personal Information in accordance with the required retention periods in Applicable Law or for legitimate business purposes. We will only retain your Personal Information for the purposes explicitly set out in this Policy. We may keep Personal Information indefinitely in a de-identified format for statistical purposes, which may include for example statistics of how you use the Platform and Services. This Policy also applies when we retain your Personal Information.
10) SECURITY & CONTACT US
We will report any security breach to the applicable regulatory authority in terms of Applicable Law and to the individuals or companies whose Personal Information is involved in the breach. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your Personal Information, kindly notify us.
If you want to raise any objection or have any queries about our privacy practices, you can contact us on email@example.com